Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Moving Forward Into Yesterday

I'm refering, of course, to that longitudinal oddity, the International Date Line. I departed Auckland (an hour late) at 9 PM and arrived safely in san fran at 1PM the same day....moving forward, backwards in time. Or something like that. I'm just sitting here now at SFO with time to kill untill I fly out of Oakland tomorrow to get back East for my Mom's and Grandmother's birthdays. If you have to wait in an airport, SF beats Oaktown any day. I suppose, being back in the first world, the logical thing to do would be to check into a hotel but I figured, at this point, one more night in an airport won't kill me. And I know that should I contact anyone in SF to hang out, I won't be making my flight tomorrow ; ) Besides, you meet loads of interesting people knocking around airports. Must run now as I'm definitly paying first world prices just to write this and some buisness man is guarding my surfboard and bags at the bar. All most home. Can't wait to see everyone.
xx oo -->tee...